WHY WORK WITH US
We believe that the sharing of knowledge between lawyers benefits everyone. That's why we love working with other lawyers on their cases. Whether it's a referral where our firm handles the case, a co-counsel arrangement where we work together, or a consulting arrangement where we work with you behind the scenes, we would love the opportunity to work with you.
WHY WORK WITH CLAGGETT & SYKES?
We all want to do right by our clients, but sometimes we get cases where we’re in over our head. It’s hard to ask for help and even harder to find a firm you trust that will not only work with you but help teach you how to handle the bigger cases.
We’ve been in your shoes. We’ve worked with lawyers who agreed to work on our cases but seemed to be in it more for the fee than to help us. Our goal in working with other firms is to help get positive results for the client but also teach along the way so you learn and grow from the process.
But, if you just want to refer a case and let us do the work, that’s fine too. We offer flexible fee arrangements depending on how much involvement you want.
In addition to working cases up for trial, we also have a first rate appellate team to assist in keeping your hard-earned verdict. Our appellate team can be your partner in helping with writ petitions, interlocutory appeals, error preservation during trial, and post-trial motions and appellate work.
REFERRAL CASES WE’VE HANDLED
Referrals are our business and the majority of our cases are referred from other lawyers. We routinely take on cases where the defense hasn’t made an offer or has rejected a very reasonable offer from the plaintiff lawyer.
Here are some of our notable referral case results:
- Product defect case that settled for $21 million (the defense offered zero dollars before we entered the case)
- Premises liability case where we obtained a verdict of $20 million (the defense rejected an offer of less than $1 million before we entered the case)
- Premises liability case where we obtained a verdict of $16.4 million (the defense offered zero dollars before we entered the case)
- Medical malpractice case that settled for $12 million (the defense offered zero dollars before we entered the case)
- Medical malpractice case that settled for $10 million (the defense rejected an offer of less than $2,000,000 before we entered the case)
- Premises liability case that settled for $6.75 million (the defense rejected an offer of $500,000 before we entered the case)
- Motorcycle collision that settled for $4.5 million (the defense rejected an offer of $500,000 before we entered the case)
- Appellate case where we helped obtain reversal of an en banc decision that initially ordered a new trial on a $15 million dollar verdict. The reversal kept the verdict in tact.
- Co-counsel on a premises liability case resulting in a settlement of $7,950,000
We also offer a range of consulting services for attorneys who want to collaborate with others but don’t necessarily need co-counsel. This is a great service for solo practitioners or small firms that gives you access to the resources of a larger firm:
- Focus groups
- Jury Consulting
- Demonstrative Evidence Development
- Work Days (full and half day case analysis sessions)
We’ve consulted on a wide range of cases. Here are some of the results attorneys have obtained after consulting with us:
- Negligent security case resulting in a verdict of $91 million
- Premises liability case resulting in a verdict over $37 million
- Oil field explosion case that settled for over $30 million
- Brain injury and quadriplegia due to ambulance company’s failure to have IV epinephrine to treat severe peanut allergy, that resulted in a verdict of $29.5 million
- Appeal of a jury verdict that resulted in the affirmance of a $15 million verdict
- Electrocution case that settled for $5 million
- Residential treatment center case that settled for over $3 million
- Product defect case resulting in settlement of $1,000,000
- Nursing home negligence case resulting in settlement of $1,000,000
At Claggett & Sykes, we do things differently when it comes to trial prep. You can learn more about our process here.
REFERRAL FEES PAID
Here are some of the referral fees we’ve paid out over the past few years:
- Product liability case – $4,044,0000
- Premises liability case – $3,625,000
- Medical Malpractice – $2,650,000
- Medical Malpractice – $1,500,000
- Premises liability case – $913,105
- Motorcycle crash case – $900,000
- Tractor trailer case – $576,259
- Car crash case – $400,000
- Tractor trailer case – $300,000
- Premises liability case – $292,500
- Car crash case – $206,667
- Product defect case – $175,000
- Premises liability case – $131,353
- Premises liability case – $96,426
- Car crash case – $55,000
If you’d like to talk about working together, give us a call at (702) 655-2346.