Experienced Reno Personal Injury Lawyers, Washoe County, NV
Strong advocacy for victims of vehicle accidents, unsafe property, medical malpractice, and other Nevada accidents
The Reno-Lake Tahoe area is a year-round tourist attraction. Some of the many reasons people live in and visit Reno-Lake Tahoe are the many casinos, lakes, and snow resorts. Businesses have taken note and there has been tremendous growth in the area over the past few years. The name, Claggett & Sykes Law Firm, may be new to Reno but our lawyers who practice there aren’t. In 2020, we partnered with Durney & Brennan, a Reno law firm that has been around since the 1970s. Our Reno personal injury lawyers know the area, know the people, and know the court system. And now those lawyers are backed up by the team we’ve put in place at Claggett & Sykes. We handle all types of personal injury claims in Reno, including car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, and slip and falls and have helped thousands of people across the state.
- Why choose our Reno personal injury lawyers?
- What types of catastrophic personal injuries do you handle?
- What types of car, truck, and motorcycle accidents do you handle in Reno?
- What types of personal injury lawsuits do you file?
- What is the value of my Reno personal injury case?
- Will my Reno personal injury case settle?
- Are there time limits for filing my Reno personal injury claim?
- Do you have a personal injury attorney near me?
Why choose our Reno personal injury lawyers?
At Claggett & Sykes Law Firm, our Reno personal injury lawyers understand the impact that a death or serious injury can have. We understand the pain and suffering of losing a loved one, and the stress that happens from medical bills and lost time at work piling up. We’ve worked with thousands of clients to help them through the legal system when these types of injuries occur. Through our trial work and consulting we do with other trial lawyers, we’ve helped recover over $800 million for injured persons.
Our goal is to make sure you understand the legal process and know where your case is at every step of the way. This helps to take away some of the stress of going through a personal injury claim. We also want to make sure that you don’t have to worry about paying for legal representation. Our Reno personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis: we don’t get paid anything until we win your case.
To win your case, we work with many different professionals to help show that the defendants are responsible for your injuries or the death of a loved one. We routinely work with investigators, accident reconstruction experts, product safety experts, financial experts, and medical specialists. We also work with your medical team and independent doctors to verify your injuries, the treatment you need, and how your injuries are affecting your quality of life.
We are also at the forefront of using focus groups to prepare cases for settlement or trial. We use the information we gain to become laser focused on the issues that matter at trial. We have our own courtroom where we can hold focus groups and practice for trial. And we use cutting edge animations and illustrations to show the jury how your accident happened, how that accident caused your injuries, and how those injuries have affected you. This preparation helps us put more pressure on insurance companies to settle cases by ensuring that we’re prepared if our cases have to go to trial.
What types of catastrophic personal injuries do you handle?
At Claggett & Sykes Law Firm, we handle accident cases that involve every type of catastrophic injury. We represent clients with catastrophic injuries that dramatically change a victim’s life forever, permanent injuries that cause constant pain and may prevent a victim from ever working again, and injuries that heal with skilled medical care. We routinely handle claims involving:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Limb loss & traumatic amputation
What types of car, truck, and motorcycle accidents do you handle in Reno?
Claggett & Sykes Law Firm has fought for Reno vehicle accident victims for years. Our lawyers are skilled at showing how a motor vehicle accident happened, and who is responsible. We represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, bicycle riders, and families in the following types of vehicle accidents:
- Car accidents. Our Reno car accident lawyers provide aggressive representation for head-on crashes, rear-end accidents, sideswipes, broadsides, intersection accidents, merging accidents, multi-vehicle crashes, and single-car accidents. We also represent victims of hit-and-run accidents.
- Truck accidents. Our personal injury lawyers understand why tractor-trailers, rigs, construction vehicles, and other commercial trucks cause accidents. Our attorneys represent victims of truck rollovers, jackknife accidents, cargo spills, underride accidents, wide-turn accidents, accidents due to blind spots, and other kinds of Reno truck accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents. At Claggett & Sykes Law Firm, we understand that many drivers don’t pay enough attention to motorcyclists and that motorcycles provide virtually no protection when a crash occurs. We represent victims and families when other vehicles cause the motorcycle to fall or crash, and when motorcycle riders are injured due to dangerous roads or negligence by other operators.
- Uber and Lyft accidents. Our Reno personal injury lawyers understand the unique issues involved in rideshare accidents including when the rideshare company’s insurance can be used to pay for any damages a driver or passenger suffers.
We also represent victims of accidents involving ATVs, snowmobiles, construction vehicles, buses, and other motor vehicles. If you were hurt by a distracted or drunk driver, sustained injuries in a multi-vehicle wreck or a single-vehicle collision, or suffered harm in any way because of someone else’s negligence, we are here to help.
What types of personal injury lawsuits do you file in Reno?
At Claggett & Sykes, our experienced Reno personal injury lawyers handle a wide array of lawsuits on behalf of injured clients and their families. Some of those lawsuits include:
- Product liability claims. Manufacturers and sellers of products are responsible for defective products that injure or kill someone. Products may be defective due to poor design, faulty workmanship, or because the instructions on how to use the product are wrong. Manufacturers may also be liable if the instructions fail to warn users of known dangers.
- Premises liability claims. Property owners owe a duty of care to people who are invited onto their property, or who have permission to be on the property. This duty of care requires that apartment owners, professional businesses, and all property owners regularly inspect their property for defects. Property owners may be liable for slip and fall accidents, negligent security attacks, dog bites, and other accidents that cause injuries or death to people on the property.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect. There are 66 certified Medicare/Medicaid nursing homes in Nevada – and there may be countless more without certification. If your loved one suffered harm from abuse or neglect in a nursing home, assisted living facility, rehabilitation center, or any healthcare facility, we want to help.
- Casino & tourism accidents. Reno and Lake Tahoe are popular tourist destinations. Along with casinos, shopping, museums, and events, from the area is home to some of America’s most beautiful lakes and mountains. Claggett & Sykes Law Firm can help you whether you are a Nevada resident out for the day or on vacation from out-of-state.
- Medical malpractice claims. Claggett & Sykes Law Firm has secured multiple 8-figureverdicts and settlements for our clients. Our Reno lawyers handle catastrophic medical negligence claims including diagnosis failures, surgical errors, prescription errors, and birth injuries. Many patients’ lives are never the same when medical malpractice occurs. At best, patients will need corrective surgeries. At worst, mistakes may cause death or cause patients to need a lifetime of medical care. Let us help.
- Workers’ compensation. At Claggett & Sykes, we represent employees who are injured while working for their employer. Our Reno workers’ compensation lawyers anticipate the arguments insurance companies will use to try to deny your claim, rush you back to work, or limit your benefits. Contact us if you need assistance with a claim, or if your injuries are so severe that you need more options that workers’ compensation can provide.
What is the value of my Reno personal injury case?
Our Reno personal injury lawyers work up every case to maximize how much our clients recover. Our system of case preparation is designed to make defendants or their insurance companies pay for all your damages, including:
- Medical bills. These expenses include ER care, hospitalizations, doctor visits, therapy, assistive devices, and the cost of your medications.
- Lost income. Accident victims can claim compensation for their lost wages and business income including disability payments if they can’t work again.
- Pain and suffering. In many cases, the pain, suffering, and inability to live your life are the worst injuries in the case. You have the right to compensation for all your daily pains, aches, worries, and anxiety.
- Property damage. We seek payment for the cost to fix your vehicle or replace it if it’s totaled. And in some cases, we will ask for the difference in value of what your vehicle is worth after it’s been damaged versus what it would have been worth had it not been damaged.
- Scarring and disfigurement. Burns, amputations, and other injuries may require skin grafts, and psychological counseling.
- Loss of consortium. Payment for how the injuries affect the marital relationship.
In cases of inexcusable conduct, we seek punitive damages. If a loved one died due to the fault of others, we demand wrongful death damages. These damages include the funeral bills, the income the decedent would have provided the family members, and the value of the support and guidance the decedent can no longer provide.
Will my Reno personal injury case settle?
We always prepare each personal injury case for trial. Insurance companies keep track of the lawyers and law firms who are willing to go to trial. Going to trial, and winning at trial, helps to increase settlement value on other cases. The benefits of a settlement are that you obtain a specific amount, you don’t have to worry about the stresses of a trial, and you don’t have to wait for the case to be tried.
Most cases settle before trial, but sometimes, a trial is necessary to obtain true justice. Insurance companies are notorious for their willingness to offer lowball settlement awards. Furthermore, most settlements are kept private, which means no public accountability, either. The main factor in whether a case goes to trial is simply whether the other side will offer enough money to fairly compensate you. If they don’t, then the case goes to trial. Some of the factors we review with you when determining if you should go to trial are:
- How strong your case is.
- Whether the insurance company is playing fair.
- Which judge will hear your case.
- Whether your injuries have healed or will ever heal.
- Other factors depending on the type of accident and other factors.
The bottom line is that you, the plaintiff, decide whether to accept a settlement offer or ask for a trial. We are here to help guide you to the right decision for you.
Are there time limits for filing my Reno personal injury claim?
It is critical that you speak with our experienced Reno personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. We need to investigate any accident sites and any products before any changes are made, and before people’s memories fade.
As a general rule, accident victims and families must file their lawsuits within two years from the date of the accident. That means if an accident happens on January 1, 2022, you must file your complaint by December 31, 2023. Some shorter time limits may apply. Some exceptions may apply. But within those two years, we work on your claim and try to settle the case with the insurance company without having to file a lawsuit. The sooner you retain an attorney, the more time we have to work on your case.
As soon as you review your case with us, we’ll advise you of the exact statute of limitations for your case.
Do you have a personal injury attorney near me?
Claggett & Sykes Law Firm maintains an office at 100 N. Arlington Ave., Ste. 200. If you are too injured to travel to us, we can travel to you or schedule a phone or video conference.
Injured in an accident in Reno? Our personal injury attorneys can help
If you or a loved one recently suffered an injury in any type of accident in Reno, including a car accident, workplace accident, or slip and fall accident, we can help. Contact the lawyers at Claggett & Sykes Law Firm for a free legal consultation. We can answer your legal questions and offer tailored advice. Call 702-333-7777 or contact us to schedule your free consultation. Get help for your personal injury claim today.
100 N Sierra St, Suite 220
Reno, NV 89501