- Brigham Young University - B.A. in Spanish
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School - J.D.
Certifications & Achievements
- AV Preeminent Rating - Martindale-Hubbell
- Mountain States Super Lawyers - 2014-2021
- VEGAS, INC. - Top Lawyer 2020
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy Advocate
Presentations / Publications
- Nevada Civil Appeals Checklist with Forms
- Nevada Appellate Practice Manual - State Bar of Nevada
- Nevada Lawyer Magazine - State Bar of Nevada
- Communique, - Clark County Bar Association
- Advocate - Nevada Justice Association
About Micah Echols
Micah heads up Claggett & Sykes Law Firm’s appellate division. He is frequently brought into cases before or during trial to help prevent errors and preserve the record at trial. Micah has handled over 250 civil appellate matters in state and federal courts and has represented injured plaintiffs, businesses, and government entities. Micah has argued cases in front of the Nevada Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and is also licensed to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
Micah has published numerous articles on appellate issues and developments in the law. He has also contributed to the Nevada Civil Appeal Checklist, which is a checklist for lawyers to help in appeals in Nevada appellate courts, and also contributed to the Nevada Appellate Practice Manual. Micah is currently the editor of The Advocate, which is the Nevada Justice Association’s magazine for plaintiff lawyers. He is also an active participant in the Amicus Committee of the Nevada Justice Association.
With Claggett & Sykes, Micah is frequently retained by other law firms to help with error preservation during trial and to handle post-trial motions and appellate issues. Micah and the Claggett & Sykes appellate team also routinely assist with writ petitions and interlocutory appeals.
Micah graduated from Brigham Young University in 1999 with a major in Spanish. He then attended Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, and graduated in 2003. Micah is married with six daughters. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family and attending Major League Baseball games.