About Claggett & Sykes Law Firm
Two Communities, One Firm
Two Communities, One Firm – that’s a slogan that means a lot to us at Claggett & Sykes Law Firm. And when our community needs us, we are ready. Whether it’s the results we get at trial or the volunteering we do with local organizations, we truly believe that the work we do makes our community a safer, better place.
To the rest of the country, Las Vegas and Reno are tourist destinations. It’s about bright lights, big money, glitz and glamour. It’s a city of lights, love, and second chances.
To us, though, Las Vegas is home. It’s where we live and work, and where we raise our families. Las Vegas is many things, but most of all, it’s our community. And now our community and our home has expanded to include “the Biggest Little City in the World,” Reno, which has welcomed us with open arms.
How we help our clients
We are not simply a personal injury firm. We are trial lawyers who take on catastrophic injury, brain injury, and wrongful death cases. These cases are different than most personal injury cases and the needs of these cases cannot be met by law firms that take on just any case.
We don’t handle hundreds of cases per lawyer. In fact, we turn down most cases that come to us. We handpick each case so we can give each client the time and attention their case needs and deserves. Our clients get to focus on getting the treatment they need and we focus on getting them the resources to get that treatment.
Our approach is to put the safety of our community and clients’ needs first. Our key to successful advocacy is the ability to take bold yet measured actions to root out those who violate the safety rules that protect us all.
And it works:
- $1.5 billion in verdicts and settlements through our trial work, appellate work, and consulting services
- Over 150 jury trials under our belts
- 21 attorneys ready to handle your personal injury case
- Ranked in Courtroom View Network’s Top 10 Most Impressive Plaintiff Verdicts of 2018
The way that the insurance companies value your case directly depends on your lawyer: does your law firm go to trial, and do they win? And those are important questions to ask when choosing a law firm.
We go to trial and know how to handle a wide array of cases throughout Nevada. We invite you to learn more about our work here.
How we practice law
The practice of law is not only our profession; it’s our passion. And some days we feel like pinching ourselves over how lucky we feel to get to do this work every day. So we want you to know that we take our roles as your advocates seriously. At Claggett & Sykes, we believe in:
- Teamwork. When we file a lawsuit, there’s always at least three attorneys working on every case, because every client deserves the benefits of our collective strengths. We also have a compassionate and dedicated support team ready to answer your questions and address your needs.
- Preparation. The truth is that most injury cases will settle out of court – but banking on that settlement can lead to some serious trouble down the road. We’re a team of trial lawyers, and we prepare our cases for trials. That means putting our all into depositions, witness statements, accident reconstruction, jury selection, and more. And everyone knows it, including the insurance companies, our colleagues across the aisle, and the judiciary. It’s why we’re the lawyers other lawyers call when they need help.
- Accountability. The civil justice system is built on that foundation – that when someone is negligent or reckless, or puts their personal greed before their personal responsibility to others, you have the right to address those actions in a court of law, before a jury of your peers. It’s a right all Americans have that is secured by the Constitution in the 7th Amendment. We are proud to be your advocates, and to provide some hope when things seem dark.
- Communication. Our #1 goal when we take a case is to protect our client. So why would we leave you in the dark about your case? We pride ourselves on keeping you in the loop at every stage, so you always know how your case is progressing. We understand that going to trial is a big deal, so we make sure you’re prepared, too, when that day comes.
How we help our community
The team at Claggett & Sykes is committed to helping people in need, inside and outside of the courtroom. For years, the people of Las Vegas have put their trust in us to make the world a better and safer place, and we take that trust seriously. We also understand how critically important it is to protect the most vulnerable among us. Over the years, we have partnered with multiple community service and non-profit organizations to raise funds and awareness of their needs. We invite you to read more about it here.
Sean Claggett Named a “Titan of Trial” by Trial Lawyers University
Sean Claggett was named a “Titan of Trial” by Trial Lawyers University. He is one of only six attorneys selected for this honor. Watch his interview about the trial process here.
How we help our peers
We love practicing law, and we love partnering with other law firms – because “we all do better when we all do better.” We have cultivated a robust referral network with attorneys in Nevada and across the country, so that people in need, wherever they are, can find help. We also offer a wide array of consulting services for attorneys and firms who don’t need co-counsel, but do want the benefits of collaboration. If you are looking for a partner, a consultant, or a firm you can trust to protect your clients’ best interests, Claggett & Sykes wants to hear from you.
How can we help you today?
Need a Law Vegas personal injury attorney? Claggett & Sykes is ready to help. Contact us or call 702-333-7777 to learn more about who we are and what we do during a free consultation. We also maintain an office in Reno, if that is more convenient for you.
Claggett & Sykes is proud to be a State Bar of Nevada Partner in Diversity
The State Bar of Nevada recognizes the commitment that law firms and legal organizations have made to incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives in their practices. The State Bar of Nevada has identified a variety of initiatives that qualify for the medallion. Qualification is earned annually. To earn the 2023 Partner in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion medallion, firms must attest to having completed at least 5 initiatives.
We invite you to learn more about this partnership here, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.