- UNLV - B.A. American History, magna cum laude
- Baylor University (2009) - J.D.
Certifications & Achievements
- 10 AVVO Rating
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Legal Elite - Nevada Business Magazine, 2019 and 2020
Presentation / Publications
- 7 Things to Know About Your Auto Insurance Policy Before You're in a Car Crash
- Complete Injury Management Monthly Meeting - Khoury v. Seastrand - Medical Liens in Litigation of Personal Injury Claims
- Continuing Legal Education Presentation, Elevate the Way You Litigate Series, “Common Workers’ Compensation Issues in Personal Injury Cases”
- Las Vegas Valley Paralegal Association "Introduction to Workers' Compensation Law"
- Clark County Bar Association "7th Amendment and Jury Service" at the Llyod D. George Federal Courthouse
About Tom Askeroth
Tom joined Claggett & Sykes Law Firm in 2021. He is a trial lawyer and runs the firm’s workers’ compensation team.
A native of Las Vegas, Tom attended Bonanza High School and graduated in 1999. Tom attended UNLV and graduated magna cum laude in 2006 with a degree in American History. Tom continues to enjoy learning about American history and shares his love of the subject with his children by visiting local and national museums and historic sites with his family.
Tom left Nevada to attend law school in Texas at Baylor University. Tom received his Juris Doctorate from Baylor in 2009. Although Tom immensely enjoyed his time in Texas, he longed to return home to be close to his friends and family, and to practice law in his home community.
After law school, Tom returned to Las Vegas and was admitted to the Nevada bar in 2009. Thereafter, Tom became a partner at a large injury law firm where he practiced plaintiff personal injury and workers’ compensation law. While at this firm, Tom handled thousands of contested workers’ compensation hearings while also managing a large personal injury caseload. In 2019, Tom decided to start his own law firm, Askeroth Law Group, which has now merged with Claggett & Sykes.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys traveling with his wife and three children, hiking at Red Rock Canyon, coaching his kids’ soccer teams, and playing on his own soccer team.
Tom was named to the Nevada Business Journal’s Legal Elite for 2019 and 2020. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, National Trial Lawyers Association Top 40 Under 40, and America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators.