- College of Southern Nevada and University of Phoenix - B.S. Business Marketing
- UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law (2012) - J.D. magna cum laude,
Certifications & Achievements
- AV Preeminent Rating - Martindale-Hubbell
- 10.0 AVVO Rating
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers
- 2017 Legal Elite - Nevada Business Magazine
- 2017 Mountain States Rising Star - Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2018 Mountain States Rising Star – Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2019 Mountain States Rising Star – Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2020 Mountain States Rising Star - Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2021 Mountain States Rising Stars - Super Lawyers Magazine
Presentation / Publications
- Interview - Top Lawyers: Matt Granda on 5 Things You Need to Become a Top Lawyer in Your Specific Field of Law, Authority Magazine
- Nevada Justice Association, 41st Annual Conference – “The Myths and Misconceptions of the Stipulated Liability Case – Know the Black Letter Law and Win”
- Nevada Justice Association – Techniques in Litigation
- Motions in Personal Injury Cases, Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 25, Issue 1, Jan. 2017
- Nevada Chapter, Negligence: Purpose, Elements & Evidence (2018)
- State Bar of Nevada Annual Meeting – Black Letter Law in Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association CLE – Black Letter Law in Nevada
- "Using Tech in the Practice of Law." COMMUNIQUE. November 2018: p. 18-19
About Matt Granda
Matt is the managing partner of Claggett & Sykes Law Firm. Matt graduated from high school in Scotch Plains, New Jersey. After high school, Matt enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. He served four years in the Marine Corps infantry and is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
After his service ended, Matt moved to Las Vegas and completed his undergraduate education at College of Southern Nevada and University of Phoenix, graduating with a degree in Business Marketing. Matt graduated magna cum laude from the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law (2012). While attending Boyd, Matt was a member of the Society of Advocates moot court team.
In his second year of law school, Matt began his employment at Claggett & Sykes Law Firm as a law clerk. After graduating law school and passing the bar exam in 2012, Matt was hired by Claggett & Sykes Law Firm as an associate Las Vegas personal injury lawyer and became a partner in 2017.
In 2017, Matt took over the role as managing partner of the firm. Now, he primarily oversees the firm's operations, focusing on building a team of great trial lawyers and support staff. From 2020-2021, Matt oversaw the doubling of the size of the firm, hiring almost 25 people in one year, including 10 attorneys, during the Covid shutdown. Claggett & Sykes Law Firm now has over 50 employees with 21 attorneys. In 2021, the firm was named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in the United States.
Matt is recognized as AV rated by Martindale Hubbell. He has also been named a Super Lawyers Mountain States Rising Star from 2017-2021 and a National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Lawyer.