Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys
Winning trial lawyers putting you first
The thing about serious injuries is that they don’t just cause physical pain. They cause emotional pain, they cause suffering, and they cause massive medical bills, not to mention lost paychecks from time off work. When someone else was responsible for causing your accident and injuries, it is important that they are held accountable for these damages – physical, emotional, and financial. This not only helps the injured person but also makes our community safer by reminding people that there are consequences if they act carelessly or recklessly.
The Las Vegas trial lawyers at Claggett & Sykes Law Firm have helped thousands of injured clients in Nevada. Our team guides you toward the right legal process for your case, handling all the details from beginning to end, whether that’s a settlement or trial – our only goal is a successful outcome for your case. Contact us today for a free initial consultation and find out how we can help you get your life back.
147 Google Reviews
“Claggett & Sykes Law Firm is THE absolute best! They are extremely professional, thorough with every detail, and consistently keep you informed of each progression of your case. Their team of lawyers, especially Jennifer M. and Christian A., go above and beyond; their customer service is amazing and I highly recommend them!” – Michelle O.
- What types of personal injury cases do you handle?
- What steps should I take after a serious injury?
- How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Las Vegas?
- What damages can I seek in a personal injury claim?
- Do I need a personal injury attorney?
- Can I afford a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer?
- Why choose Claggett & Sykes?
- Is your personal injury law firm near me?
What types of personal injury cases do you handle?
Our team of attorneys work in all areas of personal injury. You’re eligible to file a personal injury action here in Las Vegas when a person or party acts in a negligent manner that results in another’s injuries and losses. In other words? If you get hurt and it’s someone else’s fault, we can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
At Claggett & Sykes Law Firm, our experienced trial teams help clients injured from:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Spine and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic amputation & limb loss
- Construction accidents
- Dangerous products and devices
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability
- Casino and tourist injuries
- Workplace accidents
In the tragic event another’s negligence causes the loss of a loved one, we will file a wrongful death claim on your behalf. We know no amount of money can bring back your loved one, but we can work to help make things right.
What steps should I take after a serious injury?
- Report your accident to the appropriate authorities immediately.This might be the police, your employer, a store employee, or a supervisor. Request medical care if you feel you have injuries. Visit the hospital or urgent care even if you aren’t sure if you’re injured. Some injuries, like traumatic brain injuries or internal injuries, can have delayed symptoms. Prompt medical attention is important to your overall health and well-being.
- Remain at the scene of the accident to collect information, if you can or have a trusted friend do so for you. Gather information such as the names of all parties involved and any eyewitnesses. If you were in a car crash, get the other driver’s insurance information as well.
- Take photographs of the scene, of any property damage, and of your injuries. If you were injured on someone’s property due to a dangerous condition, take photos of the dangerous condition.
- Get copies of all relevant documents, including police reports, incident reports, medical documents, and communications with insurance companies.
The more information about your case you have, the stronger your claim will be. If you were injured in a car crash, contact one of our experienced Las Vegas car accident lawyers to learn more about filing a claim.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Nevada?
Nevada’s personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date of the injury or injury discovery, with a few exceptions. This means you have to file a complaint to start a lawsuit in court within two years from the date of your incident. However, you should speak to our Las Vegas injury lawyers as soon as possible after your accident to ensure you do not miss the deadline. Once we have determined who caused your injury and was at fault, our team can fill out the proper paperwork to start a lawsuit in the Clark County civil courts.
Remember, it’s up to you to file a personal injury lawsuit; the police or the city will not do so for you. Our injury attorneys handle the legwork it takes to bring a claim in Las Vegas, including filling out all the confusing paperwork and making sure you meet that statute of limitations.
What damages can I seek in a personal injury claim?
Under the law, you can seek damages when you suffer a loss. These damages are determined by a variety of factors, such as the extent of your injuries, whether you have a disability, how long you will be out of work, how much the accident impacted your life, the actions of the at-fault party and many other factors.
We work with you, your medical team, and other experts to determine the scope of your losses, and then present that determination to a jury or during settlement negotiations with the insurance company. We will give you an honest assessment of your claim and potential damages throughout your case and update you as things change.
You may be able to recover losses for your past and future medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, lost quality of life, and loss of consortium. Family members can also receive damages for funeral and burial costs if a loved one passes away. What we’ve found over the years is that cases with substantial awards don’t only benefits victims, but also the community. Accountability reverberates, and negligent parties tend to think twice when their own profits are on the line.
Do I need a personal injury attorney?
Technically, nobody’s required to have a personal injury attorney. But being injured is stressful enough. Our lawyers help you manage that stress by taking care of dealing with the insurance company and all aspects of a lawsuit if one is needed. That allows you to focus on your medical treatment and getting better. Claggett & Sykes Law Firm has extensive experience in handling insurance adjusters, going up against major corporations, evaluating claims, and ensuring that you receive a fair settlement. We can:
- Deal With Insurance Companies: Our team will deal with difficult insurance adjusters who do not want to cover all medical bills or other damages.
- Rigorously Investigate: We will gather all the evidence we need in order to prove the other party was negligent. We’ll examine any video footage, speak to witnesses, look at medical records, and deep dive into any conversations you had with at-fault parties.
- Aggressively Negotiate: We will defend your rights and fight for fair compensation as well as negotiate a settlement that will cover all your economic and medical damages.
- Go to Trial: Our trial lawyers have been voted the best by fellow lawyers in the Nevada Justice Association. Our law firm has tried over 150 cases to verdict, so trust you are in good hands. We will go to trial and fight until the end.
Whether you or a loved one were hurt or killed because of the negligence of another, we are ready to hold them accountable for their actions. The simple truth is the work we do at Claggett & Sykes Law Firm helps ensure our community is a safer place.
Can I afford a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer?
With us, you can. Many injured accident victims in Las Vegas hesitate to hire attorneys for fear of the cost. At Claggett & Sykes Law Firm, we solve this problem by offering our legal services on a contingency fee basis. This attorney fee arrangement means your lawyer will always cost you $0 out of pocket – no matter what, win or lose. We will bill you nothing upfront. Our personal injury law firm will front all the costs of your claim during negotiation or all the way through trial.
If our lawyers win your case, we will not bill you directly for our representation. Instead, we will automatically deduct our fees as a percentage of the settlement or verdict we won on your behalf.
And don’t worry – the percentage we charge is something we arrange with you beforehand. We never leave you in the dark about how much our services will cost. Should we fail to secure financial compensation for you, you will owe us nothing for our services.
Why choose Claggett & Sykes Law Firm?
We’re known across the state – and the country – as the lawyer’s lawyers. This means that other law firms turn to us for help with the difficult cases, the cases other people say are “unwinnable.” We step in and we get that win. We take our decades of knowledge and experience and put it work for each and every client.
What else sets us apart from the crowd?
- Our Las Vegas, Nevada injury lawyers always put your needs above our own. Call us schedule free case evaluations with new clients.
- We have a team with extensive trial experience. Our victories both in and out of the courtroom can greatly increase your chances of obtaining full compensation for your injury.
- Through our trial work, appellate work, and consulting services, we’ve attained, or helped attain, over $800 million in verdicts and settlements. And, in the past 12 years, we have successfully resolved thousands of cases.
- We make it easy to afford high-quality representation. Our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means if we don’t win, you don’t pay. It’s really that simple.
Claggett & Sykes is a firm with true trial experience. Founder and Attorney Sean Claggett is an award-winning trial lawyer who has been voted Lawyer of the year by fellow lawyers at the Nevada Justice Association, the highest honor a trial attorney can achieve in Nevada.
When you’re ready to talk about your case, we’re ready to listen.
Is your personal injury law firm near me?
We’re located on Meadows Lane in Las Vegas, at Valley View and the 95, near Springs Preserve and Meadows Mall. And, if a phone call or video call is easier for you, we can do that too. Many of our clients over the past two years have preferred meeting with us this way and we offer that flexibility if you can’t make it to our office.
Contact our Las Vegas injury attorneys today
You have rights as the victim of a personal injury accident, and you don’t to accept your injuries and damages without a fight. The experienced trial lawyers at Claggett & Sykes Law Firm can help hold the responsible parties accountable during insurance settlement negotiations and/or a personal injury lawsuit in Clark County. We will do everything we get you the resolution you need. Start your case with a free initial consultation at our local Las Vegas law office, and call 702-333-7777 or fill out our contact form today.