Posted on March 27, 2020 in Firm News
We know that many in our city are suddenly out of work or have had their hours cut significantly. There are a lot of people who need information on how to file for unemployment or other benefits, options if your landlord is threatening eviction, or how to get relief from other creditors. We will continue to provide valuable resources as we come across them and ask that you please share this information with anyone who may need help.
Resources in Nevada:
Legal Aid of Southern Nevada, a non-profit law firm providing legal services to those who cannot afford an attorney, has put together a bunch of information on consumer rights during COVID-19. Check it out here: COVID-19 Resource Page
The resource page includes information on upcoming virtual town halls and a comprehensive pdf called The Legal & Financial Toolkit (Available in English and Spanish). The Toolkit covers the following topics:
• What can I do if I am laid off or my hours are reduced at work?
• What should I do if I am unable to pay my bills
• Can I get help if I cannot pay my utilities
• Renters resource page
• Veterans resource page
• I’m being evicted, what should I do?
• Is food assistance available?
• Additional resources
• I’m being sued for a debt, what should I do?
• Help, I have student loans
• Smart financial guidance
• Health information about COVID-19