Las Vegas Construction Site Accident Attorney
Not many industries are as dangerous as construction. Construction workers routinely handle power tools, heavy machinery, complicated equipment, electrical components, and hazardous chemicals – often from great heights or in dangerous settings. Many things can go wrong on a construction site leading to serious or deadly worker injury. In these situations, workers’ compensation may not be your only option in Nevada. You may have grounds for a lawsuit. The personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas at Claggett & Sykes Law Firm can help you learn whether your claim has merit.
Negligence-Related Construction Accidents
Not all worker injuries on a construction site are grounds for a lawsuit. However, a large percentage of construction site injuries and wrongful deaths do trace back to someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or intent to harm. In these cases, the injured worker or surviving family members may have a civil claim against the individual or company in addition to a workers’ compensation claim. Here are three common defendants in these types of cases:
- Negligent employer.The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has standards in place to improve the safety of construction workers. Employers are responsible for obeying these rules. A breach of duty, such as failure to supply adequate safety gear or training is negligence. In these cases, the employer or site manager may not be liable for damages and the injured workers exclusive remedy is through the workers’ compensation system.
- Product manufacturing company.Construction sites depend upon a number of consumer products and equipment. From lifts and scaffolds to power tools and electrical wires, everything must work as intended to ensure a safe and productive workplace. If a defect in a piece of equipment caused you or a loved one’s injuries, you may have a product liability claim against the manufacturer, distributor, or supplier, in addition to the workers’ compensation claim.
- Third party.Someone such as a third-party contractor on the site, motor vehicle driver, property owner, or a coworker may be responsible for your accident. It is possible to file a workers’ compensation claim and a personal injury claim when dealing with third-party defendants in some situations.
Before you settle for a workers’ compensation claim, consider whether negligence played a role in your construction accident. An unsafe property condition, defective product, careless employer, or other factor may have contributed to the incident. If this is the case, you could qualify for both and be able to pursue a workers’ compensation claim and a personal injury claim against the responsible third-party. A conversation with an attorney could make all the difference to your future. If you lost a loved one in a construction accident, you can learn more about a wrongful death claim, by calling our Las Vegas wrongful death attorney.
Common Construction Site Accidents
- Falls from Scaffolding:This could result in a serious spine injury or brain injury. You should get help from a brain injury lawyer or spine injury lawyer who has expertise dealing with these type of injuries at work.
- Slips & Falls
- Falling Objects:Brain injuries could be hidden and have delayed results, check with a professional no matter how big the head injury.
- Fires & Explosions:Burn injuries can be very damaging and requires a lot of medical treatment, if you need help paying your bills because of a work injury call our burn injury lawyers.
- Machine Malfunction Injuries
- Getting Caught
Contact our Experienced Construction Accident Lawyers in Las Vegas
The best thing you can do for yourself after a construction accident is to speak with an attorney. Our Las Vegas law firm has helped dozens of workers pursue fair financial recovery after devastating incidents in the workplace. When it comes to construction-related harms, we know what to do. We can give you sound legal advice about which route to take for the greatest award, how to report to your employer, and how to negotiate with insurance companies. Let our team help you during this trying time, and start you on the road to recovery. Contact us today.